Lesson 4 of 10
- What do you think of Diablo 3?
- Who played release 1.0?
- Who played it after loot 2.0? Was there a significant difference?
- Did anyone play 1.0 then give up on the game and never play again? This is very common and stresses how you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
- If Blizzard is a company that knows how to make really good games, why did this one go so badly?
- What key themes did you observe?
- Blizzard could have easily abandoned a bad release, like so many other companies do. Why do you think they chose the harder path of trying to fix it?
- Sold millions of copies and felt like we could have done a better job. What was so bad about Release 1.0?
- What did they do to correct things in Loot 2.0?
- What lessons can you apply to your project?